Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tour de Fleece Days 9-11


Day 9 (Sunday) I finally plied the two purple singles. I'd forgotten how uneven I'd made these singles...not intentionally. It still looks great, but the singles were over-spun and were all uneven and stuff.

Day 10 was a day of rest.


Day 11: This was MUCH better. Look how pretty that is! My goal was a fingering weight when plied, and I think I got pretty close over most of the skein. My only regret is that it didn't make a huge skein. Maybe enough for some fingerless gloves though?


I've ordered a drum carder to make blended batts, but it's not here yet. I have just a little more roving left before I have to start spinning solid colors. Not the end of the world, but not nearly as interesting! Hopefully it arrives soon!!!

Today is Day 12, but I haven't spun yet. So you'll just have to wait and see what I manage to accomplish in the wee hours of the night!

1 comment:

Silver said...

My TDF pic for today has purple in it, too. Woo. ;D