Sunday, August 31, 2008

Knot Knitting Bag

This is the first of my line of knitting bags for JL Yarnworks. I just listed this one tonight in the Etsy shop. More are coming, but slowly since I'm also trying to build inventory for September's Fiber Festival.

This will be my first show (of 3 this fall/winter so far), and I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, I'm trying to build up inventory so that my booth will be overflowing with knitterly goodness. Yet, it seems ludicrous not to list these items in the meantime and try to sell them. But then, of course, is the fear that it will ALL sell and I'll be left with an empty booth. Of course, the whole point is to sell the items. And it really shouldn't matter whether I sell them online or at a fiber festival or craft show....in fact, the faster I sell each item, the better. But my fear of an empty booth seems to be superseding logic at the moment. Feel free to comment and set me straight one way or the other.

Anyway, the bag. :) This is a wristlet for holding small knitting projects. Stick your yarn in the bag, slip the bag on your wrist, and you can stand and knit, sit and knit, lay down and knit...whatever floats your boat. Regardless, the yarn will stay nice and clean while you work. I love the versatility of these bags. I've searched a long time for the perfect small project bag. After getting frustrated both with the styles and patterns of the bags available, I decided to start making my own. I've been having a great time choosing the perfect fabrics! I can't wait to share them all with you!

Update: Wow! The bag has already sold! Good thing I have more that are very close to being done. If anyone wants a bag, but there are none listed, email me or contact me through Etsy. I will happily start a waiting list!

No comments: